Work with us
We have a number of vacancies available for Ecologists at various career stages, both based in our offices near or seconded (full or part time) into various projects with clients in the south west and Midlands.
Technical Director / Associate Director
We are looking for a technical guru to take on this role, which will involve a partial secondment into a major client’s offices in Birmingham
Principal / Senior Ecologists
These roles involve fieldwork, project management, SHEQ, and secondment opportunities
These roles involve fieldwork, project management and secondment opportunities
For more information on these roles please get in touch by completing our contact form or calling the office on 0330 223 1074.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Ecologist to work full time in our client's offices in Birmingham, working on a large infrastructure project. This is an opportunity to gain experience in the management of key ecological works on a nationally important project.
The position is 12 months fixed term and full time. It could be undertaken as a secondment or employed by Biocensus.
The role is to act as a bat survey lead within our client’s project team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and manage bat survey work on the project
- Carry out assurance and technical review of bat survey outputs
- Use a range of data sources to determine where bat surveys are required for emergence/re-entry surveys, and transect surveys
- Provide support and guidance to ensure contractor compliance with consents and licences
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- You will be expected to actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in a relevant subject as a minimum
- A high level of ecological knowledge, experience, understanding and application
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of delivering successful bat survey programmes for development schemes, preferably large infrastructure projects
- A bat licence
- Broad knowledge of the ecological issues and environmental management
- Experience in reporting on all ecology matters to a high standard
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in a changing, high profile environment and deliver to tight timescales
- Full membership of CIEEM and a full driving licence.
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per year dependent on experience.
Contract Type: Fixed term; full time. Option of contracted secondment or employment.
For an informal discussion about working with Biocensus, please contact Gavin Wilson: email@example.com (office tel. 0330 223 1074)
To apply, please complete the application form below.
Deadline for applications: 11 January 2019
To apply, please complete the form below.
We are looking to appoint an Executive Assistant to join our growing team in Stonehouse. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team in a rapidly growing company.
The position is full time, but we will consider a job share arrangement.
The role will provide support to our Managing Director. We are looking for someone who will relish the opportunity to work in a busy environment and develop good relationships with our project managers and finance team.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Organising meetings and taking minutes
• Managing staff timesheet and utilisation reports
• Working with project managers and finance staff to produce project accounting reports
• Maintaining records
• Report production for the senior management team
• Diary management
The successful candidate will:
• Be highly organised, IT literate and experienced in using common MS office software packages, particularly Excel.
• Be conscientious and have excellent attention to detail
• Be a strong communicator
• Be able to work under pressure and quickly adapt to changing work requirements
• Project accounting experience
• Experience of working on large projects
• Experience of working with people who work on remote sites
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 per annuum
Contract Type: Permanent; full time/job share/flexible working arrangements considered.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact the office: https://biocensus.co.uk/contact or 0330 223 1074