Work with us
We are looking to recruit a Senior Ecologist to work full time in our client's offices in Birmingham, working on a large infrastructure project. This is an opportunity to gain experience in the management of key ecological works on a nationally important project.
The position is 12 months fixed term and full time. It could be undertaken as a secondment or employed by Biocensus.
The role is to act as a bat survey lead within our client’s project team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and manage bat survey work on the project
- Carry out assurance and technical review of bat survey outputs
- Use a range of data sources to determine where bat surveys are required for emergence/re-entry surveys, and transect surveys
- Provide support and guidance to ensure contractor compliance with consents and licences
- Co-operate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- You will be expected to actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in a relevant subject as a minimum
- A high level of ecological knowledge, experience, understanding and application
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of delivering successful bat survey programmes for development schemes, preferably large infrastructure projects
- A bat licence
- Broad knowledge of the ecological issues and environmental management
- Experience in reporting on all ecology matters to a high standard
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in a changing, high profile environment and deliver to tight timescales
- Full membership of CIEEM and a full driving licence.
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per year dependent on experience.
Contract Type: Fixed term; full time. Option of contracted secondment or employment.
For an informal discussion about working with Biocensus, please contact Gavin Wilson: email@example.com (office tel. 0330 223 1074)
To apply, please complete the application form below.
Deadline for applications: 11 January 2019
To apply, please complete the form below.
We are looking to recruit two Projects Administration Assistants to join our growing team in Stonehouse. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team in a rapidly growing company.
The positions are full time and fixed term for a period of 7-8 months, dependent on start date. The role is to provide key administrative support for our large infrastructure projects during the peak season for ecology surveys. We are looking for someone who will relish the opportunity to work in a busy environment and develop good relationships with our teams of subcontractors. The job will be office-based, and will involve working on fast-moving and dynamic, nationally significant projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- The collection and processing of timesheet and expense data from our suppliers working on large projects.
- Timely submission of time and expense data to our clients.
- Being first point of contact for suppliers and clients in relation to timesheet and expense queries.
- Providing project teams with administrative support to work with our network of suppliers working on projects across the country.
The successful candidate will:
- Be highly organised, IT literate and experienced in using common MS office software packages, particularly Excel.
- Be conscientious and have excellent attention to detail
- Be a strong communicator
- Be able to work under pressure and quickly adapt to changing work requirements
- Basic finance administration experience
- Experience of working on large projects
- Experience of working with people who work on remote sites
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 per annuum
Contract Type: Fixed term; full time/part time/flexible working arrangements considered.
Please complete the form below and attach your CV.
The deadline for applications is 9am on Friday 1st March.
Interviews will take place in the week commencing 4th March.
For an informal discussion about these roles please contact Lisa Thrower: biocensus.co.uk/contact (office tel. 0330 223 1074)